Solved- Reset Netgear Extender
An extender is a device that works like a wireless repeater. It receives the signal from an existing Wi-Fi or any existing wireless point, amplifies the signal and then rebroadcasts the signal creating a secondary network of its own. In the field of Wi-Fi range extenders Netgear produces one of the best-in-class wired and wireless extenders.
However, at times it drops its signal perpetually or the red light keeps blinking or you cannot connect to mywifiext.net. All these problems are frustrating especially in case you are not an expert on network devices. In all such situation Reset Netgear Extender solves a large number of problems. But before beginning to factory reset you should start by understanding what an extender is and when you should opt for factory reset.
However the decision for hard reset should be taken when you are en countering any one of the given problems:
- Netgear extender suddenly stopped working
- In case orange or red light starts blinking
- In case you to reset password or settings of the extender back to default mode
- In case you cannot access mywifiext.net
- Or in case of any configuration problem with your extender.
Steps to hard reset
Tips: Many people try hard reset while the extender or router is turned off. This is a big mistake. Make sure that while performing Wi-Fi extender reset it is plugged into power.
- Grab a paper clip or a tiny pen or similar object and search the back of your extender carefully
- The factory reset button in Netgear routers are present with a small hole like area locate it and press it for 8-10 seconds
- Keep pressing until the two Link Rate LEDs and Device to extender LEDs blink
- Now release the button
- Wait patiently as the extender is rebooting
- After the process has been completed Netgear Router Login with the default username and password. The default username being admin and the default password being password. Note that the default username and password are case sensitive.
- Connect the extender to router and check if the issues you were facing resolved or not.
In case you want to reset via web interface follow the given instructions:
- Use a device that is connected to extender network via wired or wireless connection
- Open any web browser of your choice
- Now type mywifiext.net on the address bar. Note that mywifiext.net is not like other regular web pages it is rather a local web address that is used for opening the settings of Netgear extenders.
- On the login page type your email and password as your credentials
- Now hit login option
- Go to settings on the new page
- Click on Other settings
- You will find reset option
- Click on it
- Then click on yes to proceed
- Now wait patiently till the web interface completes the procedure of factory reset.
In case of encountering any problem while completing the procedure call professional experts for help immediately.