Know The Step By Step Guide To Setup And Configure A Netgear Router
The devices of Netgear, especially the network devices of the company are well-known and sought-after in the business. At the first chance, the router must be set up properly by following the Step By Step Guide to Setup and Configure a Netgear Router. For some cases, the hassle may start as Netgear router not connecting to the internet and therefore hinder the correct configuration and Netgear router setup of the instruments. The following tips will help you in solving the problems related to the Netgear router setup and configuration.
The basic requirement
Any network device needs to have some inherent configuration in their internal settings and these must be fulfilled before the setup protocol can be commenced. Without the assurance that these settings are met, there will be problems in Netgear router login and the Netgear router setup. So, you should have the following configurations ready and available for your network setup;
- Broadband internet service and a modem with an Ethernet port.
- 2.4GHz wireless adapter or Ethernet adapter with 802.11 b/g/n compatible settings and connector cable for each system.
- Operating systems must be Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux.
- Latest versions of browsers, or at least Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0 or Safari 1.4 or higher.
The setup and configuration steps
For the router to work perfectly, the setup and configuration procedure must be completed successfully. Therefore, the pointers are to be followed in the order they are given and ensured that all the required data that are input must be correct. The steps to setup and configure your Netgear router can be given as the following;
- Connect the Netgear router with the modem and the computer to any of the LAN ports by an Ethernet cable.
- Switch the devices off and then on again and wait for them to finish booting up.
- Open a browser, type the IP address and press enter.
- When prompted to log in, enter the username and password. Take care as they are case-sensitive.
- Click on “setup wizard”.
- Select the “Yes” option. Then click on “next”.
- This will detect the internet connection available to choose from. For internet from cable connections, a “dynamic IP detected” will be shown.
- Click on the “Next” again. The router will save the settings provided.
- Unless the internet service provider (ISP) has given a specific set of instructions, do not attempt to change the settings on the DNS data field.
- To check whether you have connected to the internet or not, you can access the “Maintenance” tab and access the “Router Status”.
- Check whether the IP address data field has a valid address, that is, not blank or have the numbers “0.0.0.0.”
- If there are no such numbers, then your Netgear router setup is successfully and configured.
Usually, the setup and configuration of the Netgear router is easy and is completed within a short timeinterval. However, you can always call for expert help if you face difficulties in solving these issues.